Header Ads Widget

Emotional Twinkle Dargani denies knowledge of Pharmally financial documents

Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corporation executive Twinkle Dargani on Friday became emotional while testifying before a Senate panel after being pressed on the whereabouts of the missing financial documents of their firm, insisting that she was not aware of it.

During the continuation of the Senate Blue Ribbon investigation into the government’s alleged anomalous purchases of COVID-19 supplies, Senator Risa Hontiveros asked Twinkle to speak up and communicate with her brother Pharmally Treasurer and Corporate Secretary Mohit Dargani and Director Linconn Ong over the missing documents.

Hontiveros also pressed Twinkle Dargani on who could turn over the missing documents to authorities.

Twinkle replied that she was not aware of the whereabouts of the documents, adding that she had not been participating in any of the transactions.

“If I knew the answer to your question I would have answered right away. I would not want to be separated from my mother, I would not want to be separated from my brother, why would I prolong that? If I knew where those documents were, I would have submitted,” she said.

“Why would I want to see my brother go to jail for no crime. I need to save myself before I can save others. But I don’t know where the documents are because I have not been in any of the transactions, I have not participated in any,” she added.

The senator, however, advised the three officials to find a way to communicate with the committee and the authorities to retrieve those documents to help in the investigation.

“Find a way among the three of you to communicate to the committee through our chairman the whereabouts, the person in the possession of those documents. Kasi imposibleng (because it is impossible that) they vanished into thin air and we really just need and want those documents to help and complete our investigation,” Hontiveros said.

An emotional Twinkle replied, “I would give it because I don’t want to be separated from my mother and my brother.”

Ong and Mohit were transferred to the Pasay City jail after they failed to provide the boxes containing the documents related to the firm’s financial statements.

The Senate panel is conducting its 16th day of investigation into the transfer of P42 billion COVID-19 funds from the Department of Health to the Procurement Service of the Department of Budget and Management (PS-DBM).

This includes PS-DBM’s purchase of P8.6 billion worth of face masks, face shields, and PPEs from Pharmally, a firm that only had P625,000 in paid-up capital when it entered transactions with the government. — DVM, GMA News


Post a Comment

0 Comments