Header Ads Widget

Bato says sorry for buwisit remark against NTF-ELCAC critics

Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa apologized on Monday to critics of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) whom he called “buwisit.”

In a radio interview, Dela Rosa said sorry to his colleagues in the Senate for his outburst, saying it was “inappropriate.”

“Na-buwisit talaga ako, nadismaya ako, na-frustrate ako kaya nasabi ko ‘yon. Nadala ako sa emosyon. Ganoon pa man, magbigay ako ng public apology doon sa aking mga kasamahan na nasabi ko ‘yon kahapon,” he said.

(I got annoyed. I was dismayed and frustrated that’s why I uttered it. I was carried by emotion. Still, I want to issue a public apology to my colleagues for uttering what I’ve said yesterday.) 

“I am really very sorry, very inappropriate ‘yong nasabi kong buwisit sila. Nasobrahan ‘yong aking emosyon, nadala ako kaya mag-apologize na lang ako sa kanila. Maling-mali ‘yong nasabi ko kahapon,” he added.

(I’m really very sorry. Very inappropriate for calling them nuisance. I overreacted, got carried away that’s why I’ll apologize to them. What I said yesterday was very wrong.)

He clarified that his remark was not for the members of the Senate committee on finance who slashed the anti-insurgency task force’s budget, but for those calling for its abolition.

On Sunday, Dela Rosa called “buwisit” politicians calling to abolish the NTF-ELCAC.

“I-abolish kung kailan naging successful ‘yung ahensya sa paglaban sa terorismo, paglaban sa insurhensya, i-abolish nila? Ano, puro pamumulitika na lang talaga ang iniisip nila? Na porke nasa oposisyon sila, gusto nila hindi maging successful itong administrasyong Duterte sa paglaban ng problema ng ating bansa. Ganun na lang talaga ang utak nila? Ay buwisit,” he said in an interview on Super Radyo dzBB Sunday.

(They want to abolish the NTF-ELCAC when the agency has been successful in fighting terrorist and insurgency? Do they only think about politics? And being in the opposition they only want that the Duterte administration would fail in fighting the problems of the country. What a nuisance.) — Ma. Angelica Garcia/RSJ, GMA News


Post a Comment

0 Comments